A Prevention-First Approach
At Valley Dental, we steadfastly believe in a prevention-first approach when it comes to dental care for our patients.
A good at-home dental care routine in combination with regular preventive care visits for an oral examination and a professional dental cleaning can help preserve your oral health and prevent health issues such as gum disease from developing.
We recommend that our patients visit us every 6 months for preventive care. If you have any dental issues that need monitoring or require more frequent treatment we may recommend you visit us more often.
As part of your routine exam, we provide professional cleanings to help prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
During a professional cleaning at Valley Dental, your hygienist or dentist will:
- Remove tartar and plaque from your teeth with a scaler
- Polish your teeth to remove leftover stains or plaque
- Thoroughly floss your teeth and gums
- Apply a fluoride treatment (if recommended)
When you visit our 100 Mile House office for a dental exam, you allow our dentists to assess and diagnose oral health issues before they have a chance to become greater problems.
At our practice, routine dental examinations typically include:
- X-ray imaging or other diagnostic procedures
- Examination of teeth, gums, and jaw
- Oral cancer screening